After cooler-than-normal temperatures, it’s welcome news that we’ll be enjoying temperatures in 70s and 80s this weekend in North Texas.
And, you can bet that with our spring weather potential buyers will increasingly be out and about discovering homes for sale across the region. Not surprisingly, those with the best “curb appeal” are often the first to sell.
Buyers often pass quick judgment on a property based on its drive-up appeal. A small investment in time and money to spruce up your property’s appearance could mean fewer days on the market and a higher sales price.
Below are a few areas in particular on which you should focus:
* For a burst of color, plant spring flowers.
* Tidy up your gardens.
* Remove glass from light fixtures around your home’s front door and clean thoroughly.
* Wash down your front door. If the sun has faded the paint, consider repainting.
* Clean and polish your front door’s hardware. Replace it if necessary.
* Check your house numbers. Are they still in good shape and visible from the street? If not, replace them.
* Wash the windows. If this isn’t your strong suit, hire a professional.
* Check your roof to make sure no shingles are missing or damaged.
* Remove debris from your gutters and drain spouts.
* Clean your patio furniture. You want potential buyers to be able to visualize your outdoor living area’s potential.
If you’re considering listing your home, contact an Ebby Associate to learn more about how to prepare it to sell in today’s ultra-competitive market and how Williams Trew will market your home, both locally and globally, to produce the most-favorable results for you. To get started, visit williamstrew.com.