Contrary to popular belief, the holiday season – especially this holiday season – may actually be an ideal time to offer your North Texas home for sale! Why?
- The average home sales price in North Texas is up almost 15 percent over this time last year.
- Interest rates are at historic lows, which means buyers have more buying power than ever before.
- Inventory of homes for sale remains at historic lows while showing activity is still tracking higher than this same time last year.
- Many people are still working from home, which means a lot of them may want more space, home offices, or just a change of scenery. Combined with lighter work schedules and less (anticipated) travel during the holidays, prospective buyers may use the extra time to search for a new home.
- Consumers who shop for a home during the holidays are serious, motivated buyers.
- Typically there are even fewer homes on the market during the holiday season. Translation: less competition for you.
- Homes “show” better when decorated for the holidays.
- Many transferees are not able to wait until the spring market to buy. They are here now and need a home now.
- By selling now, you’ll have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses will be for sale, which may mean lower prices. This could allow you to sell high and buy low.